Hot Posts

6/recent/ticker-posts

MADIBA TO BE FINALLY LAID TO REST AFTER LONG INVESTIGATION ABOUT HER DEATH.




UJ (University of Johannesburg) held a memorial service for Palesa Madiba at the Soweto Campus on Saturday.

Palesa Madiba, University of Johannesburg student from Diepklo of went missing in 2013, during a weekend at her best-friend’s house. Madiba was last seen at Phiri in Soweto, at Tshidi Mkhwanazi’s.Madiba’s family, neighbours, friends, university students and stuff gathered at UJ’s Soweto Campus to celebrate the life of the Diepkloof’s Madiba. Nonxolo Grootboom as the programme director of the ceremony, she emphasized that something like this is not expected in a new South Africa, “for a friend to go visit a friend’s place and then not return. It is unlike the new democracy”Poet, Mzwakhe Mbuli also came in for support, to recite a poem about “criminals/murders.”

 


Late last year, police received a tip-off that the body of the late Madiba could be buried at a backyard in Phiri, where she was last seen.Most of the speakers revealed their relief and closure since Madiba’s remain will be laid to rest. Palesa’s elder sister, Lerato Madiba said: Whenever I think of the horrible ordeal my sister had encountered, that resulted to her death, “I just close my eyes and comfort myself with her beautiful smile.”Speaking on the behalf of Khosi Galetwi, who is Palesa Madiba’s mother, Portia Makhathini said: “I do not know where to start, when I have to speak about my precious daughter.”
“To tell the truth, I knew that one day I would have to part with my daughter, but not in this way. To be honest, I didn’t do this alone, Palesa’s Aunt Tebogo, played a big role in bringing her up”Makhathini continued: “It is the Lord who decided that it’s time. I am trying to stay strong for everyone, but deep down, I am broken,” she added. “Although it’s difficult, but all is well.”The cause of her death is still under investigation, Dr. Diane Parker, speaking on behalf of Minister of Higher Education and Higher Training, said that the anyone with any information that could help capture the murderer/murderers should come forward. Parker quoted Blade Nzimande’s speech to the family: “I hereby convey our sincere and heartfelt condolences. May her soul rest in peace.”University of Johannesburg Deputy Chancellor, Professor Tshilidzi Marwala said: “She was our student at the University of Johannesburg, doing her final year, with great promise to move our society forward. But God had his plans.”Professor Moralwa comforted the family, “your loss is our loss, we are greatly saddened.Madiba’s friend from high school and university, Thato Mphetlho said: “Palesa was a loving, bubbly person, I was devastated when I heard that she disappeared, I could not even imagine what the family was going through. Her friend shared that Palesa was the kind of person who would be able to get out of tricky situations, but after long disappearance I knew that something had went wrong.
                                                                        Madiba's Family


Andile Hlatshwayo, friend from UJ, said that what they went through with the country is beyond shattering, “but justice should be served”. “I used to write her messages every day, Facebook post and inboxes, telling her about how campus was, hoping that she will return,” Hlatshwayo said.
Hlatshwayo shared a letter she wrote for Madiba, “Palesa my friend, I never thought that I would speak at your funeral, this is not an ideal setting, friend. Your wedding maybe, graduation, baby shower, would have been the ideal setting. She concluded by thanking Madiba for being the best friend, during her academic and personal journey.
On December 16, the remains of her body were exhumed from a shallow grave in Phiri. Two and a half years after the search of Madiba, the mayor of Johannesburg, Parks Tau, confirmed that the remains of her body were found in a backyard in Phiri, Soweto.

Post a Comment

0 Comments